Cloud Watchers

5/10/2006

L.I.A Preparation

Cynth and I spent a whole weekend in this city - Saint Michael of the West (english translation)

Predominately Catholic, totally closed to other religions... but thats why we don't give people religion... we just teach the WORD.

We were working with a church there. Getting them prepared for Light In Action - the group of teens coming down this summer on the missions trip we are organizing. They will be doing a drama presentation in the city, then these believers will be holding a Bible Course, for any interested in learning more. We are calling it the "24 Hour Challenge" (the course is 24 lessons long)

Catholic Church: center of city



Pastor Ricardo!!









Cynth and I did training for 2 hours on Saturday, then hung out with the youth that night. Then I got the opportunity to teach there Sunday School, then taught for the service. And it's so wonderful... because the whole time Cynth is by my side-- translating!!!!













And these two are "suuhh stohhhked" (so stoked) about us coming. They never wanted to stop talking English. It was great teaching them phrases... even turned them into CANADIANS... Had them saying, "Hows it going eh?" and "Beauty Eh!"

2 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty this photo… in them we are very VERY PRETTY. .hahaha… NOSSA! SHOW DE BOLA… DE bucs ond DE teibol! I HAVE WHEN IN WE GO THEM TAKES A COW BLACK? (=

 
At 2/08/2010 11:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

how's it going, ei?
iuahiuhauihauiua

 

Post a Comment

<< Home